Recycled denim as environmentally friendly insulation material for eco kit homes
Denim is another good option to use as insulation of your eco friendly home in Australia.
The R-value of recycled denim insulation varies between R-13, R-19, R-21 and R-30. Using recycled denim insulation batts therefore will give you similar insulation value as fibreglass batts and cellulose.
- Denim insulation is made of clippings and scraps from the jeans factories, so it’s using a waste product which would otherwise end up in landfill
- At the end of its life it is still recyclable
- The energy needed to produce denim insulation is much less than fibreglass insulation
- Acoustic ratings are much higher than traditional insulation, making your eco friendly kit home a quiet place to live in
- No indoor pollution as V.O.C. (Volatile organic compounds) are present
- It’s expensive